An exponentialincrease in development efforts related to wearable medical devices andimplants, has fueled a corresponding rise in demand for safe, compact,light-weight and high energy density batteries with longer life span
RootsAnalysis has announced the addition of “Medical Device Batteries:Focus on Implants and Wearable Medical Devices - Market Distribution by BatteryChemistry (Lithium, Zinc Air, Nickel and Others), Rechargeability (Rechargeableand Non-Rechargeable), Application (Hearing Aids, Patient Monitoring Devices,Drug Delivery Devices, Cardiovascular Medical Devices and Others) and KeyGeographies (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MENA and Restof the World): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2020-2030” report to its listof offerings.
Battery-operatedmedical devices, such as cochlear implants, defibrillators, insulin pumps andpacemakers, have redefined 21st century healthcare, adding to theuser convenience factor and offering profitable value propositions fordevelopers. Battery technologies have simultaneously evolved, with modernpower-storage cells having improved safety features and the potential to beused for longer durations.
Key Market Insights
More than 930 batteries,designed for use in medical devices, are currently available / underdevelopment
More than 75% of the aforementionedbatteries that are intended for implants and wearable medical devices, have lithiumbased chemistries. The majority of batteries captured in the report (62%) are intendedfor hearing aids; this is followed by those used in patient monitoring devices(17%) and drug delivery devices (12%).
Over 50 companies, across theworld, claim to be engaged in developing medical device batteries
Majority (45%) of thesebattery developers are located in the Asia Pacific region, primarily in China,while Europe (29%) and North America (27%) almost have an equal number ofinnovators focused in this field. More than 40% of the industry stakeholders arevery large firms.
330+ patents related to medical devicebatteries have been filed since 2015
R&D activity related to medical device batteries islargely concentrated in the US, considering that more than 35% of the totalnumber of patents were filed in this region. Around 70% of intellectualproperty related filings in this field were observed to focused on batteriesintended for implantable devices.
North America and Europe are anticipated tocapture close to 50% market share, by 2030
On the other hand, AsiaPacific is expected to witness a higher growth rate as compared to othergeographies due to the advancement in healthcare facilities. Currently, themarket is driven by the sales of medical device batteries designed for wearablemedical devices (75%), followed by those intended to power implantable devices(25%). Further, rechargeable medical device batteries currently capture 25% ofthe overall market share (in terms of sales revenues).
To request a sample copy / brochure of thisreport, please visit this - https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/medical-device-batteries-market/request-sample.html
Key Questions Answered
§ What kind of batteries are currently available / underdevelopment for different types of medical devices?
§ Who are the leading developers of medical device batteries?
§ What are the key applications of medical device batteriesin the modern healthcare industry?
§ Who are the most likely partners for medical device batterydevelopers?
§ How is the intellectual property landscape in this fieldlikely to evolve in the foreseen future?
§ What are the factors that are likely to influence themarket’s evolution?
§ How is the current and future opportunity likely to bedistributed across key market segments?
The USD XX billion (by 2030) financialopportunity within the medical device batteries market has been analyzed acrossthe following segments:
§ Battery Chemistry
- Lithium based
- Zinc Air based
- Nickel based
§ Type of Device
- Hearing Aids
- Patient Monitoring Devices
- Drug Delivery Devices
- Cardiovascular Medical Devices
§ Key GeographicalRegions
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and North Africa
- Rest of the World
The research includes detailed profiles of keyplayers (listed below) engaged in the development of medical device batteries;each profile features an overview of the developer, its financial information (ifavailable), recent developments and an informed future outlook.
§ Blue Spark Technologies
§ EaglePicher Technologies
§ Energizer Holdings
§ Guangzhou Battsys
§ Tadiran Batteries
§ VARTA Microbattery
For additional details, please visit https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/medical-device-batteries-market.htmloremail firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in the followingtitles:
1. Global Handheld X-RayImaging Devices Market by Area of Application (Dental and Others),Device Class (Low-End, Mid-End and High-End), End-Users (Ambulatory SurgicalCenters, Diagnostic Imaging Centers, Hospitals, Specialty Clinics and Others),and by Key Geographical Regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific,Middle-East and North Africa, Latin America and Rest of the World): IndustryTrends and Global Forecasts, 2020-2030
2. Diabetes MonitoringDevices Market by Type of Device (Self-Monitoring BloodGlucose Devices and Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices), Diabetes Type(Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes), Type of Self-Monitoring Blood GlucoseDevice Component (Lancing Devices, Blood Glucose Meters and Testing Strips),Type of Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring Device Component (Sensors,Transmitters and Receivers), and Key Geographies: Industry Trends and GlobalForecasts, 2020-2030
3. Inhaled and IntranasalProducts Contract Service Providers Market by ProductManufacturing Services (API Manufacturing, End Product Manufacturing andOthers), Drug Delivery System (Metered Dose Inhaler, Dry Powder Inhaler,Nebulizer and Nasal Spray), Route of Administration (Orally Inhaled andIntranasal), Scale of Operation (Clinical, Commercial and Both) andGeographical Regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of theWorld): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2020-2030
+1 (415) 800 3415
+44 (122) 391 1091