CUET UG DEBUT EDITION CONCLUDES AT 60% ATTENDANCE: RESULTS LIKELY BY SEPTEMBER 9TH
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has declared that the nationwide attendance for all six phases of the first Common University Entrance Test for Undergraduate Admissions (CUET-UG), was 60%. According to agency officials, the results will be declared within the next 10 days, or at the latest by September 9.
CUET UG 2022 Key Highlights
· While the exam was successfully administered nationwide, on the final day for the 6th phase of the CUET, the NTA reports that technical difficulties were observed at the Radha Govind University, Ramgarh, Jharkhand centre, and the exam for the 103 students who were affected will be re-administered soon.
· According to NTA officials, attendance was not dismal and averaged between 75% and 80% in areas with central institutions, including Delhi. The countrywide calculation of the attendance is recorded to be 60%. Because of administrative issues, the universities in the northeastern states were this time excluded from participating in CUET. As a result, attendance was less accurately documented in those states.
· The University Grants Commission (UGC) chairman, M. Jagadesh Kumar, stated that the commission would investigate all potential causes for the low attendance rate of 60%." In Delhi, the overall participation across all phases ranged from 75% to 80%. This is the highest turnout in this area. In 10 days from the final exam date, we hope to announce the results," claimed the UGC chairman.
· Due to several cancellations and postponements of papers caused by technical failures reported at the test centres, the CUET exam, which was initially scheduled to be administered in two phases, had to be administered in six phases. The first phase took place in July, while the following five phases took place throughout August.
· The exam was administered in 489 testing sites spread across 259 cities in India and 10 cities outside of India. An aggregate of 14,90,000 people signed up to take the test
· According to data submitted by NTA, 2,86,000 candidates were registered for the sixth phase, which was conducted on Tuesday, whereas 12,04,000 candidates were scheduled to take the exam in the first five stages. The NTA released a statement saying that the fourth and final day of Phase 6 of the CUET (UG) - 2022, which was Tuesday, August 30, 2022, was successfully conducted for 1,40,559 candidates in 444 Examination Centres throughout 239 Cities including 04 cities outside India (Muscat, Riyadh, Dubai, and Sharjah) in both slots.